« Home | CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR » | Hung Up on Madonna » | Extraordinary Machine » | Confessions on a Blog » | The Fall of Michael Jackson » | Supermodel on Cocaine! » | Paris Hilton Album Preview » | Dear Gwen » | Freakin' Crazy » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

I Predict a Riot...of Love!



While I'm in the music recommending mood, I might as well mention my new favorite band, Kaiser Chiefs. They absolutely rock! Funny thing is... the album, Employment, came out some time ago. I spotted it at Amoeba and gave it a cursory listen, about thirty seconds, and dismissed them as another annoying British band whose name references some dumb dictator I have never heard of. (Franz Who?) Recently I was cruising the new iTunes video store and saw clips of the Chiefs in all their new wave glory. Why didn't they put their picture on the album cover? It must not be cool. (Fiona's CD has some kind of peas or pod babies on the cover.) Call me superficial but I am a total sucker for cute boys in eyeliner. This is the exact same thing that happened when I first laid eyes on Brandon Flowers of the Killers.

I mean, who can resist this?



Brandon likes to wear pink suit jackets and plays a keyboard on stage. How nancy can you get? Not since Duran Duran have we had so many metrosexuals prowling the airwaves. Nietzsche must have been wrong, there is a God because this is what I prayed for.

I can only hope that these boys continue to make great music and wear eyeliner. Once they send Boy George off to prison, that will only leave Robert Smith and Michael Stipe as the aging poster boys of licentious rock. This new generation needs to carry on the torch of homoerotic-rock-gods. Boys, if you need help, I suggest MAC's Powerpoint Eye Pencil because it stays where you put it. If you would rather rock a look that says "I don't really care if my eyeliner is messy cuz I'm a dude..." try Wet'n'Wild as it sucks in the way you want it to.

Promise me that you will carry on with the fey antics?