« Home | Cuchi! Cuchi! Cuchi! » | Gweneth Feels the Feeling » | Happy Birthday Madonna! » | I've Got A New Complaint » | For The Love of Judy » | Saviour Onassis' PRISON » | Munich in the Summertime » | Called Upon » | He's What? » | Song I Wish I'd Written » 

Saturday, September 02, 2006 

2006 MTV Video Music Awards

Here are my thoughts on the show, as it happened:

Justin Timberlake is a hot nerd, who beat boxes! But the boy can dance...

Jennifer Lopez is the Norma Desmond of MTV.

Lil' Kim! The bitch is paroled, but risks being arrested by the fashion police in that outfit.

James Blunt. *sigh* Still?

Wait, Fergie's new album is called "The Dutchess"?

Shakira is a belly dancer, who knew? God, I am over this song. Now I really can't wait for Christina.

Underneath the floors of Radio City Music Hall, millions of Pussycat Dolls are being bred and raised for emergency dance sequences. They are like the Spice Girls, except with VD.

Sarah Silverman talking about Lance Bass: "He's gay? I guess that makes sense. Remember the time he wanted to go to the moon? Space Travel is so gay. Space Travel is like the Liza Minnelli of travel."

I'm embarassed for Jessica Simpson.

OKGO rock! What a bizarre performance. I'm impressed.

Nevermind, it's just Beyonce. What the fuck is she so pissed about?

Jared Leto is so weird.

Ringtone of the Year Award???!!!!

Panic! At The Disco: I heard my parents screwing and it really messed me up.

Apparently, God and MTV work together, because everybody thanked them as a team.

Christina Aguilera is so fucking cool! Looks good, sounds good, feels good, too.

Al Gore? Please don't bring your sexy back....

THE KILLERS KILL!!!!

****************************************
Anyway, those are the notes I took during the show. There was a lot of things that I just didn't watch because of the utter lameness of it. Also, I noticed that they gave almost all of the little psuedo-gothic metal bands an award of some kind. I have trouble telling them apart. AFI, Panic, Fall Out Boy, AAR, they all kind of suck in the same ways. I have never seen so much eyeliner wasted.

It was one of the lamest editions I've seen, so much to despise, so little interest in sticking around to despise it. I'd heard OK Go were going to recreate their video for Here It Goes Again und they did. I love those guys. Check out their homemade video of the same song on YouTube Saviour. One of the band members' sisters filmed it and helped them choreograph it. They've done the silly dancing in their other videos too, A Million Ways for instance.

Yeah, I love those guys, too. I think it's absolutely genius of them to do videos the way they do: No budget, one angle, one shot... Coming from a world where I used to make videos for a living, I know that they are usually big, stupid and expensive because lots of the artist's money is spent but very little creativity goes on. OKGO have invested all their creative eggs into these video projects you mentioned Dale, and it's paid off. The future is viral. If you can come up with something people will want to search out and watch, then you have made a good video.

I am surprised you had nothing to say about Nicholas Sixx - he was the highlight of the show, in my opinion. I told my husband this was the first MTV Music Awards that I didn't watch the whole thing, so either I'm getting old or it really was that lame.

Looks like an interesting blog, I might have to stick around for a little lookiee....

Post a Comment