« Home | The Death of a Disco Dancer » | 2006 MTV Video Music Awards » | Cuchi! Cuchi! Cuchi! » | Gweneth Feels the Feeling » | Happy Birthday Madonna! » | I've Got A New Complaint » | For The Love of Judy » | Saviour Onassis' PRISON » | Munich in the Summertime » | Called Upon » 

Monday, September 04, 2006 

What's Hot?

Here are some things that really turn me on:

WEEDS is totally hot right now.
It's pretty much the reason I have cable. It's on Showtime and stars Mary Louise Parker as a suburban widow who deals pot to support her family. The writing is smart and funny in a way that television so desperately needs. (This housewife snatched the Emmy away from Mark Cherry's girls with ease. He should be taking notes.)
Justin Kirk and Elizabeth Perkins are excellent in their supporting roles. The only drawback is the half hour runtime, it always leaves me wanting more. Just like weed...

Project Runway has my vote for best reality series on the air. Completely addictive and compelling, I just love this show. Who knew that fashion design could be this entertaining? This has replaced America's Next Top Model in my own viewing schedule. Tim Gunn is the secret weapon of the show, providing almost fatherly advice to the designers. My pick? I'm down with Jeffrey all the way, though Uli and Laura are pretty damn good.

Saved! is a black comedy about Christians that features a white Jesus. It stars Jena Malone as a "good girl" who sacrifices her virginity to save her boyfriend from the hellfire and damnation he faces as a homosexual. It doesn't work... Look for standout performances by Mandy Moore and Mac Culkin. Excellent movie... Just great, despite the fact that it's not really new. Thanks to the miracle of cable, I recently became re-acquainted with its charm. Why this is not in my vast and obnoxious DVD collection, I have no idea.

That's all for now... If something really fierce comes along, I'll let you know.

I enjoyed Saved but thought it would be more fun than it was, maybe I'll catch it again on telly. Weeds is pretty funny too although I've seen only a few of the early episodes. Hello Saviour.

Mary Louise Parker also appears in "Saved", she is the best...we need a thousand cloned MLP's haha

I could never figure out why Mary Louise Parker didn't become a massive star. She's awesome.

I could never figure out why Mary Louise Parker didn't become a massive star. She's awesome.

Post a Comment