« Home | Deaf Like a Fox » | Our Lady of the Dancefloor » | Sideshow Phil » | Get Fuzzy! » | Pretty Boy Writes Songs! » | Boobalicious » | I Predict a Riot...of Love! » | CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR » | Hung Up on Madonna » | Extraordinary Machine » 

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 

Brilliant Felicity

One of my favorite Desperate Housewives has made a movie about transexual parenting skills. Felicity Huffman, who blew my socks off last week on Housewives, stars as a male-to-female transexual, who finds out she is the father of a troubled young man in the new indie flick, Transamerica. This movie looks great and it's about time Felicity got to show the world she is just as amazing as her husband, William H. Macy. At first, I was skeptical about a woman playing a man/woman. Why not cast a man? Or a real transexual? (I know, I know... No one is interested.) But after seeing the trailer, I was sold. Huffman is brilliant and I hope this movie does well. It's one of the first releases for the "Weinstein Company." that I have noticed.

View the trailer.

It comes out in December, just in time for Oscar consideration. The film also stars a gorgeous young actor named Kevin Zegers, as her son.