« Home | Our Lady of the Dancefloor » | Sideshow Phil » | Get Fuzzy! » | Pretty Boy Writes Songs! » | Boobalicious » | I Predict a Riot...of Love! » | CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR » | Hung Up on Madonna » | Extraordinary Machine » | Confessions on a Blog » 

Monday, October 31, 2005 

Deaf Like a Fox


Very sad to learn about Foxy Brown going deaf. What a strange and unfortunate thing. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but just knowing that she was out there doing her thing somehow comforted me. Her real name is Inga Marchand, which I think is a lovely name, albeit one that may not have the power to sell billions of records. Apparently, she could have (possibly) saved her hearing if she had done something sooner. The lesson here, kids, is pay attention to your body. If something starts going weird...

The thing that really struck me about the article was when Inga said: "I believe God wants to be the only voice I hear right now." I think that's pretty profound for a woman whose website proclaims her to be "the last bitch alive." I feel for her and hope she gets her hearing back. As for myself, I plan to listen very closely to mine own body... and possibly the voice of god, too.