« Home | A June Bride » | God Save The Internet » | Sandra Bernhard on "The View" » | Lost at Sea: "We're Country, Y'all!" Edition » | Think Gay Pride, Bimbo! Indeed. » | Beefcake in Blue Tights! » | Art is Deceitful Above All Things » | Hollywood Royalty » | Baby Brangelina Photo » | Paris Hilton "Stars Are Dumb" » 

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 

Terrorists on a Plane

After 9/11, movie executives must have been scrabbling their brains for a way to cash in on the events that transpired. "Let's do something on a plane, with terrorists, but make it creative... Don't be too obvious, make the terrorists white guys or single mothers..." CUT TO: Me renting the results and having to deal with my own fear of flying, which is rapidly being replaced by a fear of movies.

First, I watched Red Eye, directed by Wes Craven. This film had some pretty great moments, but I am always annoyed by his brunette heroines who are miraculously adept at fighting off psychos. Cillian Murphy has a great big movie star face that's easy to stare at and I think Rachel McAdams is fantastic as well. Good casting, but in the end, it's just a slasher flick disguised as a terrorist thriller.

Next, I watched Flightplan, starring Jodie Foster. Is it just me or does she seem to keep making the same claustrophobic movies over and over? Don't get me wrong. I love me some Jodie, but this one seemed to lack any real intrigue. When the reveal is finally made, I yawned. Nice supporting cast, including Peter Sarsgaard as the Air Marshall and Erica Christianson as the Stewardess. I don't want to spoil it for you, but let's just say she was brilliantly cast.

I think I might be over this genre. I have absolutely no interest in United 93. I know how it ends, so what's the point? I do want to see Snakes on a Plane in a most desperate way, though. I can't help but be fascinated by that one. Talk about the real terrorists! Snakes are super freakin' scary!

Hey Savior, if you're interested in the whole Snakes On A Plane thing, you might like this link, which is worth it for the Muppet cameo as the guy's post says...Snakes On A Plane Auditions

Jodie looks like Michael Jackson, what is that all about?

Post a Comment