« Home | There Is A Light That Never Flames Out » | A Connection is Made » | Big Freckled Shocker! » | Marie Antoinette Trailer » | Keep It Simple » | Who is this goat and why should you care? » | Drawn Together » | My Interests » | Gay at Heart » | Walk the Line » 

Saturday, January 28, 2006 

Manchester Passion

In line with my newest obsession, I thought I should help spread the word about Manchester Passion, which is a "contemporary retelling" of Jesus' final hours using modern hits from bands like The Smiths, New Order, Joy Division, and Oasis. Airing on BBC3 on Good Friday, the live procession through the streets of Manchester promises to be like nothing I have heard of that didn't involve Andrew Lloyd Webber.

The climax of the event sees Jesus sing the Smiths classic song Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now as he is being flayed by Roman soldiers.


Only in England, right?