« Home | Gay at Heart » | Walk the Line » | Free Courtney » | Like a Dork » | Mysterious Skin » | How Am I Not Myself? » | Brilliant Felicity » | Deaf Like a Fox » | Our Lady of the Dancefloor » | Sideshow Phil » 

Friday, December 02, 2005 

My Interests



Okay, this is just creepy...

This pairing is PROFOUNDLY creepy.

I used to really dig Bob Mould--I love his album "Workbook," which wisely points out that one reason we tend to hurt those we love is the fact that it's very hard to heartbreak a stranger--but haven't paid much attention to him lately. Still, I can't believe that he has somehow grown to have much in common with Donny Osmond, aside from the fact that they are both white American men.

Maybe the pairing is a deliberate joke? About like that very old SNL routine where someone creates a product that is both a floor wax AND a dessert topping?

Funny, I used to think that Husker Du WAS a floor wax! I would use Bob to shine my floors but I would rather use Donny as a dessert topping.

The thing about this "pairing" is that Ticketmaster is suggesting that I would be interested in seeing both these guys in concert, which I am sad to say, just isn't true. I don't know what they are basing this on, since I mostly go to shows by Bright Eyes or Fleetwood Mac. I have also bought tickets to shows by Madonna, Billy Corgan, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Courtney Love. I can see why they think I like Bob, but how did they know I have had a crush on Donny since 1975?

Profoundly creepy, indeed.

Post a Comment