« Home | A Connection is Made » | Big Freckled Shocker! » | Marie Antoinette Trailer » | Keep It Simple » | Who is this goat and why should you care? » | Drawn Together » | My Interests » | Gay at Heart » | Walk the Line » | Free Courtney » 

Saturday, January 21, 2006 

There Is A Light That Never Flames Out

So, I'm deep, deep, deeply into a major Morrissey moment people. I know it's probably just some bizarre manifestation of my eternal loneliness. If anyone were paying attention, it might be considered a red flag situation. In retrospect, after I'm committed, someone will say: "Well, there was that whole Morrissey thing he went through..."

Today, for instance, I traded in a bunch of trending crap CD's at Amoeba for store credit. I was pretty offended that they wouldn't take Season 1 of the "Anna Nicole Show," but I guess I understand why. I used my credit to get Smithy with it and soon found myself at a checkout stand purchasing FOUR new (to me) CD's.

The Smiths "Singles"
The Smiths "Strangeways, Here We Come"
Morrissey "Viva Hate"
Morrissey "Your Arsenal"

The guy at the checkout stand didn't even blink. He just rang 'em up and said: "These will make you feel better." Almost doctorly, as if diagnosing and prescribing medication simultaneously, he handed me my purchases and sent me on my way toward health. I have a funny feeling that he was right.

I am so happy you're in a Morrissey moment--and I actually hope it lasts decades!

If loving Morrissey is the reason you are eventually committed, I promise to take care of you in the loony bin.

Post a Comment