« Home | My Interests » | Gay at Heart » | Walk the Line » | Free Courtney » | Like a Dork » | Mysterious Skin » | How Am I Not Myself? » | Brilliant Felicity » | Deaf Like a Fox » | Our Lady of the Dancefloor » 

Friday, December 02, 2005 

Drawn Together

I don't know about you kids, but I'm in the mood for a little Badly Drawn Boy. Mmmm...Damon Gough.

Mr. Gough (pictured here) is Badly Drawn Boy and he is a genius. I had a boyfriend who looked almost exactly like him and sometimes I pretended he was Damon Gough. I called him "Boy" and played "Have you fed the fish?" while we made love. He never knew, at least I don't think so... While having a boyfriend that looks like someone who calls themself "Badly Drawn" may not seem like fun, consider these lyrics from the song "You Were Right":


"Just had a dream the other night
I was married to the Queen
And Madonna lived next door
I think she took a shine to me
And the kids were all grown up
But I had to turn her down
'Cos I was still in love with you

I'm turning Madonna down
I'm calling it my best move
I'll get her tickets to what she needs"


That's exactly what I look for in a boyfriend, someone who will turn down Madonna and call it their best move. My "Boy" wasn't in love with me and I wasn't in love with him either. Sometimes my memories get all weepy over what could have been, but was never meant to be. That's when I break out the Gough and long for days past, when life seemed endless.