« Home | Who is this goat and why should you care? » | Drawn Together » | My Interests » | Gay at Heart » | Walk the Line » | Free Courtney » | Like a Dork » | Mysterious Skin » | How Am I Not Myself? » | Brilliant Felicity » 

Friday, December 09, 2005 

Keep It Simple

On Wednesday, my friend Gina was celebrating the 10th Anniversary of changing his name. I have known Gina since he was Joe and would not have missed this for the world. How often do you get invited to a name-change-anniversary in December? A small party was held at the home of Randy and Mark, who have Tivo and literally hours and hours of Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee, which is on the Food Network.

This show is absolutely fabulous and provided much entertainment for me and the other guests. We could not stop watching the beautiful hostess, Sandra Lee, make fantastic creations like the "Star of David Cake". Yes, those are pearls but the best part is that in the center of the store-bought angelfood cake are....Marshmallows! Truly, Sandra Lee is a genius and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next. Her sets are constantly changing, according to the theme of the show and in one episode, she wears a dress made from the same material as her tablecloth. "I just tied it in back," said Sandra.

Sandra ends each show with slogans like: Keep It Simple, and Keep It Semi-Homemade. This show is unique and entertaining, I highly recommend it!