« Home | Mysterious Skin » | How Am I Not Myself? » | Brilliant Felicity » | Deaf Like a Fox » | Our Lady of the Dancefloor » | Sideshow Phil » | Get Fuzzy! » | Pretty Boy Writes Songs! » | Boobalicious » | I Predict a Riot...of Love! » 

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 

Like a Dork


Get out of your cave, the new Madonna album is in stores! It's chock full of weird stuff to keep us wondering just how the hell that girl thinks. I haven't really had time to fully digest the album yet, but so far my impression is favorable. Madge always seems to surprise me and this time, it's by being uninventive. Yeah, yeah, dance music is supposed to be in my blood because I'm queer, but I have never really embraced the genre. You won't find me at a Kylie concert anytime soon. So, let it suffice to say that, Confessions on a Dancefloor will have to grow on me. The single, "Hung Up" is just perfect and I am quite fond of "I Love New York" and "Push" as well.

Madonna is still far better than most. The "future-disco" vibe she went after was captured and beaten into submission. I've been reading a lot about how this record is her response to the lack luster sales of American Life, which I really dug. Go figure! This new music does make me want to "go dancing" and I haven't felt that way in years. Maybe it's an illusion... The production is familiar and fresh. I quite look forward to the rush hour traffic tomorrow, as it will give me an opportunity to shake my ass in traffic as I engage in Confessions 101. Yeah, Madge got her groove back. Now, if I can just find mine.