« Home | X-Men: The Last Straw » | Julie Johnson on DVD » | The Grizzly Rejects » | Based on a Story: Peaceful Warrior » | Old Queens Battle for Spotlight » | Jessica Lange » | Lauper Turns To Prostitution » | All About Evey Hammond » | Adam & Steve » | Weirdest of the Weird » 

Thursday, June 01, 2006 

Can We Get Together?



To The Madonna PR Team:

Saturday, June 3rd, Madonna will be back in LA to confess at Staples Center. I missed the first three shows because I saw the Coachella thing and wasn't all that impressed. I have seen her thrice since moving to California; Drowned World, Re-Invention and Coachella. I know I have slagged her in recent months, but she did fall off a horse and has been acting strange ever since.

I notice that some people get free tickets to things like this because, say, they have a really popular blog and it's good PR to comp popular bloggers. Well, my readership isn't exactly astronomical... I am an acquired taste, like sushi - My shit is RAW! And it's real. So, if you happen to be a PR person working on Madonna's tour and you are looking to dump some tickets.... I am your man. My birthday is this month and I have been a fan since... well, since way before she started using words like: Zephyr.

Sincerely,
Saviour Onassis

I'm starting to get really mad at people who slag her for having a so-called "fake English accent."

She's been living there for like 5 years, or something. It's natural that the way she talks is going to change a bit. Nobody says shit to Jerry Hall, and she talks the same as Madonna.

God, that pisses me off.

Later, Saviour

As someone with experience in the performing arts, I find it insanely compelling to adopt the accent(s) of foreigners, usually to their dismay.

Both Hall and Madge have married into the Empire, and by golly, I think that gives them the right to annoy the shit out of anyone in earshot.

My advice is: When someone comments on Maddie's accent, simply smile and say: "Oh, like you aren't totally faking it, too!" Then violently beat the living shit out of them.

That usually works for me.

You know she was pushed right?

I'm not surprised.

As you can see from the photo, Madonna doesn't exactly have mad equestrian skills. Neither do I, but I am pretty sure you should never kneel behind a horse and gank on its tail!

Post a Comment