« Home | All About Evey Hammond » | Adam & Steve » | Weirdest of the Weird » | T for Transvestite » | Natalie Portman Gangsta Rap » | Based on a Story » | 78th Annual Academy Awards » | Thanks for the Mammaries » | Fit to Print » | Go West Young Man! » 

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 

Lauper Turns To Prostitution



It was only a matter of time, right? Cyndi Lauper is starring alongside Alan Cumming and a bunch of drag queens in a new production of Brecht's The Threepenny Opera staged at Manhattan's Studio 54. This I would like to see.

I find it funny that the producers of Cyndi's new show had doubts about her acting abilities. Didn't they see Vibes? Having recently been exposed to Jennifer Aniston's horrible acting in Derailed, which is a trainwreck, I am eager for anything resembling talent. This movie was bad in that mediocre way that makes it simply suck without any redeeming camp value. Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston are both miscast and it would have been better with say...Ewan MacGregor and Naomi Watts, if they hadn't been wasting their time in Stay.

I saw a lot of movies this last week, thanks to my parents satellite dish. I am sure I will have lots more bitchy things to say about them. Stay Tuned.

I'm debating on seeing this, Sandra Bernhard's show or something else with some limited NYC time next month.

I saw Sandra Bernhard's "Everything Bad & Beuatiful" here in Los Angeles in it's "test" run and all I can say is: Sandra is genius! She played at the Silent Movie Theater (super intimate venue) and on top of that, I was in the front row. You should definately try to see her live, if you haven't already.

The "Opera" sounds really interesting but Brecht has never really been my thing.

Have fun in New York!

I saw Sandra years ago here in Toronto and she was pretty wild and lots of fun, well what I remember of it, I was tricked into being way too stoned. I may just owe her the pleasure of my attendance.

And by the way, I wish my mama had named me Saviour Onassis just so I wouldn't have wasted all these years figuring out my divinity.

Post a Comment